Do you love working with children ages 0-3 years old? Do you want to learn from professional therapists and educators? Join Kindering as a classroom substitute! As a ‘Sub’ you’ll join our classes on an intermittent basis when a Kindering staff person is out.
To apply for this position please fill out our Online Employment Application
Kindering Center, a not-for-profit neurodevelopmental center, has provided comprehensive services for children with special needs and their families since 1962. Kindering embraces children of diverse abilities and their families by providing the finest education and therapies to nurture hope, courage, and the skills to soar. Kindering Center is dedicated to maintaining a highly trained, licensed and certified team of professionals. Current services include comprehensive developmental assessments, physical and occupational therapy, speech and language therapy, special education, family counseling, feeding team, parenting education, and family resource coordination.
Classroom Substitute – Bellevue, Bothell, and Renton
Do you love working with children ages 0-3 years old? Do you want to learn from professional therapists and educators? Join Kindering as a classroom substitute! As a ‘Sub’ you’ll join our classes on an intermittent basis when a Kindering staff person is out. We need more Subs at our Bellevue and at our Bothell location!
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist children in performing scheduled activities, monitor children’s progress towards their therapy goals, monitor and reinforce appropriate child behavior and safety, maintain children’s cleanliness
- Provide support to educators, therapists, and other departments
Required Education, Experience & Skills
- Experience working with infants and toddlers, or children with disabilities.
- Experience and comfort with interacting with diverse populations.
- Bilingual skills encouraged!
- Ability to be playful and creative with young children.
- Familiarity with positive behavior support.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Ability to demonstrate dependability and punctuality.
- Detail-oriented self-starter who can complete a variety of tasks independently.
- Basic MS Office skills.
- Pass Washington State DSHS criminal history background check and FBI fingerprint check.
- Be able to lift 40 pounds (average three-year-old).
- Pass tuberculosis test.
- Have/obtain current first aid and CPR certification.
Kindering values diverse perspectives and life experiences. We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQ, people with disabilities, and veterans.