Facilitate intakes and referrals to the KidsClinic program. Maintain client wait-list for all services in KidsClinic program.
To apply for this position please fill out our Online Employment Application
Kindering Center, a not-for-profit neurodevelopmental center, has provided comprehensive services for children with special needs and their families since 1962. Kindering embraces children of diverse abilities and their families by providing the finest education and therapies to nurture hope, courage, and the skills to soar. Kindering Center is dedicated to maintaining a highly trained, licensed and certified team of professionals. Current services include comprehensive developmental assessments, physical and occupational therapy, speech and language therapy, special education, family counseling, feeding team, parenting education, and family resource coordination.
Temporary KidsClinic Coordinator – Bothell
Temporary Assignment: Approximately from July through November 2019
Hours: 30 hours/week
Location: Bothell, WA
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Facilitate intakes and referrals to the program. Maintain client waitlist for all services in program.
- Facilitate enrollment of clients into KidsClinic including discussion of insurance benefits, financial agreement with clients, coordination with insurance administrator, create client files, prepare required enrollment paperwork, coordinate with front desk staff & notify DSP of new client.
- Verify insurance benefits for therapy.
- Process client paperwork and check for accuracy and completion.
- Schedule and coordinate initial appointments for KidsClinic clients.
- Serve as communication point person for families re: administrative matters (eg. Scheduling requests, insurance and billing questions).
- Monitor staff caseload and ensure capacity.
- Participate in planning meetings for the purpose of program planning, quality & efficiency, as needed.
- Contribute to marketing efforts, as needed.
- Assist KidsClinic Program Manager in training and orienting new staff in the processes & procedures of KidsClinic program, as needed.
Required Education & Experience
- A. degree or equivalent experience; BA/BS preferred
- Experience in administration and billing services
- Demonstrate professional interpersonal skills over the phone and in person
- Experience working with diverse populations; Bilingual preferred
- A fundamental understanding of current issues and challenges facing individuals from under-served communities including sensitivity to racial equity/diversity
- Pass Washington State DSHS criminal history and background check and FBI fingerprint check
- Demonstrate skill in word processing and familiarity with MS Word and Excel
- Possess valid Washington State driver’s license and valid automobile insurance
- Have access to a dependable personal vehicle
- Be able to lift 40 pounds (average three-year-old)
- Pass drug and tuberculosis tests
Kindering values diverse perspectives and life experiences. We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQ, people with disabilities, and veterans.