- General Administrative Support (mailing, data entry, filing, photocopying, and scanning)
- General Program Support (cleaning and sanitizing, prepping art projects, prepping therapy materials, etc.)
- Special Event/Fundraising Support (pre-event decor/supply prep, event setup/cleanup, guest check-in, post-event mailings, etc.)
- Working with Children: Classroom Support (experience is required, opportunities are limited, and consistent availability would be needed. Click here for a full description of the Classroom Volunteer position)
- Management Support (data analysis, marketing, research, IT support)
- Building Maintenance (landscaping, painting, cleaning, yard work, etc.)
We are honored to have hosted volunteer groups from the Seattle Seahawks, Boeing, Microsoft, Telephone Pioneers, United Way, Alexis de Toqueville Society, Hall Kinion & Associates, Camp Fire Boys & Girls, and the Overlake School. The following are just a few projects that these groups helped with:
- Landscaping and painting
- Cleaning and repairing toys and therapy equipment
- Bulk mailing campaigns
- Designing and decorating holiday cards
- Procuring auction items
- Hosting a picnic for our children
For more information on group volunteer opportunities at Kindering please contact our Volunteer Coordinator Louis Mendoza by emailing him.
Co-Host Local Community Events
Represent Kindering with a staff member at local community events!
- Be part of a group of 1-3 volunteers who will co-host a Kindering vendor booth at local community festivals
- Along with a Kindering staff member, volunteers will help answer questions and talk to people about Kindering
- Festivals typically occur on Saturdays and Sundays during the summer
- Knowledge about Kindering is a plus but not a requirement
If you are interested in co-hosting local community events with a Kindering staff member, please contact our Outreach Coordinator Colleen Willis by emailing her.