Ensuring that young children are healthy, happy, and thriving begins by supporting the whole child and all those who care for him or her, including parents, caregivers, and early learning professionals. You might have questions about child development, behavior, health and safety, and the overall caregiving environment. It is important to know where to turn for help when you have these types of questions, which is why Kindering offers the following free, child care and preschool consultation services.
- On-site observation of children (age birth to six) at their child care or preschool setting
- Phone/virtual, online, and/or on-site coaching
- On-site observation and consultation to support the early care and education environment
- Resources and information on child development, behavior, health, wellness, and safety to support children, families, caregivers, and early learning professionals
- Strategies to assist with the support and retention of children in their child care or preschool setting
- Developmental screenings
- Recommendations and/or referrals to families, caregivers, and early learning professionals
- STARS-approved training for caregivers and early learning professionals on a variety of topics
Child care and preschool consultation services are provided in Skyway, Renton, Newcastle, Mercer Island, Bellevue, Redmond, Kirkland, Sammamish, Issaquah, Bothell, Woodinville, Kenmore and several neighboring cities. These services are available to center-based or family-home child care and preschool programs, as well as Family, Friend and Neighbor (FFN) caregivers.
Observation, consultation and support services are provided at no cost to families, caregivers, or early learning professionals.
For More Information:
Please contact Enrica Hampton, Early Learning Manager, at (425) 653-4281 or email her here.
Free consultation services are currently made possible with funding from the King County Best Starts for Kids levy along with the generous support of the cities of Bellevue, Redmond, Kirkland, Bothell, Sammamish, Issaquah, and United Way of King County.