Perform administrative and clerical duties for the Teacher of the Visually Impaired (TVI) team.
To apply for this position please fill out our Online Employment Application.
Kindering, a not-for-profit neurodevelopmental center, has provided comprehensive services for children with special needs and their families since 1962. Kindering embraces children of diverse abilities and their families by providing the finest education and therapies to nurture hope, courage, and the skills to soar. Kindering is dedicated to maintaining a highly trained, licensed and certified team of professionals. Current services include comprehensive developmental assessments, physical and occupational therapy, speech and language therapy, special education, family counseling, nutrition and feeding team, early care and education consultation, parenting education, and family resource coordination.
Therapy (TVI) Scheduler – Bothell
Hours: 30 hours/week; M-F
Location: Bothell, WA
Perform schedule coordination, administrative, and clerical duties for the Teacher of the Visually Impaired (TVI) team.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Schedule, confirm and maintain TVI appointments
- Review, analyze and forecast cancellations, double booking or changes in schedule
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all client information
- Maintain TVI spreadsheet containing caseload information current
- Schedule and confirm requests for consultation from TVIs
- Interface with a variety of agencies, direct service providers and families
- Regular in-person meetings with TVIs in addition to periodic Zoom meetings
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Required Education & Experience
- A.A. degree or equivalent experience; BA/BS preferred
- Administrative experience preferred
- Experience working with diverse populations; Bilingual preferred
- A fundamental understanding of current issues and challenges facing individuals from under-served communities including sensitivity to racial equity/diversity
- Pass Washington State DSHS criminal history and background check and FBI fingerprint check
- Possess valid Washington State driver’s license and valid automobile insurance
- Have access to a dependable personal vehicle
- Be able to lift 40 pounds (average three-year-old)
- Pass tuberculosis test
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Word and Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication
Kindering values diverse perspectives and life experiences. We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQ, people with disabilities, and veterans.