Why have an FRC?
Families are important! The law that guides Early Intervention recognizes the impossibility of separating the needs of an infant or toddler from the needs of the family.
Together with your Kindering team, your FRC will assist you with the following:
- Help build your Family’s Service Plan (IFSP)
- Guide decisions on your child’s program and services
- Inform you on available resources in the community, as needed
- Facilitate your IFSP review every 6 months
- Discuss any changes or concerns you have
Your FRC will work hard to ensure that transitions in your child’s services go well. Whether it is a transition within Kindering programs, a transition to your child’s local school district at age 3, or a transition to a community program, yourFRC is available to provide information and assistance throughout the process.
FRC’s are always happy to help!
Ask questions! Every question is valid. Your FRC is always happy to explain more about programs, services, funding, resources, the IFSP, and transitions, or any other question. Whatever your needs, your family’s FRC is there to help. Contact your FRC by phone, voicemail, email, or just stop by.