Stepping Stones is an integrated, early childhood enrichment program designed to enhance learning and socialization in young children of all abilities. It is a place for children to be active explorers who learn by playing with people and in different environments. Stepping Stones is a place for toddlers to:
- Have fun and develop new interests
- Make friends
- Become familiar with preschool routines
- Learn to interact with a variety of adults and children in a comfortable environment
- Build communication and social skills
- Practice independence and self-help
- Enhance physical development
- Experience developmentally important activities such as art, singing, snack time, pretend play, sensory exploration, and active motor play
Our curriculum is developmentally-appropriate and is based on research regarding play and early literacy in young children. We foster problem solving, creativity, language and independence through activities that encourage experimentation, discovery, and social interaction in a safe environment.
For children with special needs, the Preschool staff attend to these unique needs and integrate child and family outcomes into the natural Preschool environment. Children who are dually-enrolled in both the Preschool and the Early Intervention program will also receive speech-language therapy, occupational/physical therapy, and/or special instruction in this community preschool setting according to their Individualized Family Service Plan.
Classes meet twice a week for 1.5 hours each session. The school year typically begins after Labor Day in September and runs through the first week of August with typical school breaks throughout the year. A full class includes 14 children and 5 staff members.
Predictable scheduled times include free play, indoor-outdoor play time, snack and circle time. Through their participation in the classroom routine with peers, children learn how to follow along with a group and gain important social skills.
Our staff is highly educated and, just as important, is keenly attuned to the varying developmental needs of young children. Because of our high teacher-to-child ratio (5 adults:14 children), we are able to customize interactions based on each child’s level and need.
Each class is staffed by 1 Lead Teacher and 2 Teaching Assistants. In addition, a speech-language pathologist and physical/occupational therapist participate in all activities, and provide integrated therapies for children who are dually-enrolled in our Early Intervention program. All staff members are happy to discuss your child’s development if interested.
Stepping Stones is considered a community preschool and has policies similar to any other private preschool program in the community, including a monthly tuition fee of $165.00 along with a one-time, non-refundable $50.00 registration fee. Tuition goes towards:
- General fees associated with running a preschool
- Teaching assistant staff
- Building use
- Supplies for art projects, snacks, toys
- Occasional field trips offered throughout the year
A sliding fee scale is available based on each family’s need. Please contact Lauri Stoll at (425) 289-4953 for more information or to see if you qualify.
Stepping Stones is open to children ages 22 to 42 months of all abilities. Classes are offered in Spanish at Kindering Bellevue. Each family must complete a registration form and the preschool readiness questionnaire prior to enrollment.
- Please note that we enroll children from 22 months up through 33 months. Children who are enrolled in our program and are not receiving Early intervention services from Kindering or from the School District are eligible to stay through age 3.5.
- If your child is participating in our Early Intervention program, please contact your Family Resources Coordinator
- If your child is not currently participating in our Early Intervention program, please fill out the Toddler Preschool Referral form or contact Lauri Stoll by phone at (425) 289-4953 or email her here