Save the date for The Seattle Foundation's GiveBIG Event on May 5, 2015! All donations made to Kindering on May 5th through The Seattle Foundation's website will receive a percentage of matching funds available. Learn more about how you can participate in GiveBIG here.
Of the children enrolled in our Early Intervention Program in 2010, 36% are no longer eligible for services after age 3. And 72% make such strides in their development that they narrow the gap with their typically-developing peers. The first step is to call for a FREE developmental evaluation and find out how Kindering can assist your family.
Welcome to the Kindering community! We are glad you have chosen Kindering to help your family. Browse our website for helpful information and resources. Please let us know if you have any suggestions or ways to improve our site.
There are so many ways you can support Kindering and the work we do to help infants and children with special needs. Attend or help plan one of our fundraising events, volunteer or donate!
Kindering, a not-for-profit neurodevelopmental center, has been providing comprehensive services for children with special needs and their families since 1962. Each year thousands of infants and children receive crucial therapies, special education, and counseling.
Find out how Kindering is helping our community, families, and children with disabilities through developing maximum potential, hope, and community understanding through events and community service.
Please check our listing of current openings and visit our website often. We are committed to hiring people with a passion not only for working with families, but also for providing the best, most innovative services possible.
-Glenn Lux, MD
News & Previous Events
Join us on May 5, 2015 for The Seattle Foundation’s 5th Annual GiveBIG Event!
What is GiveBig?
- GiveBIG is a one-day, online charitable giving event designed to inspire people to give generously to local nonprofits.
- GiveBIG is a way for you to stretch your donation dollars! Donations made from midnight to midnight on Tuesday, May 5, 2015 to Kindering and other nonprofits through The Seattle Foundation’s online giving center will be matched through the “stretch pool”
- This means that any donation you make to Kindering through The Seattle Foundation’s Online Giving Center will be stretched even further
- In 2014 Kindering raised over $100,000 thanks to GiveBIG!
How Can I participate in GiveBIG?
- Save the date! May 5, 2015 between midnight and midnight is the only time your donations will be stretched
- Donate to Kindering on May 5 through our page on The Seattle Foundation’s website. No donation is too small, especially because donations made on May 5th are available for matching funds.
- Spread the word! Email, Facebook, Tweet or just call your friends and family to let them know about this unique way to support Kindering. Send them the link to our page on The Seattle Foundation’s website so they can get involved.
Please join us for a one-hour tour and meet some of our courageous children!
You will witness their smiles, their determination and bravery. Learn from our families about their unexpected journey raising a child with special needs. Meet some of our professional staff and learn about Kindering Center’s state-of-the-art early intervention programs and therapies.
You won’t be asked to make any financial contribution, your time and your feedback are the gifts that we are seeking.
Individuals interested in attending may RSVP with Colleen Willisor leave a message at 425-289-7527.
Parenting the Sensitive Child in a Noisy, Busy World
Dr. Fiona McConnell, Pediatric Associates
Does your child have difficulty transitioning, accepting unfamiliar foods, being in noisy environments, or adapting to changes in the daily routine? Does your infant cry easily or for long periods, or seem easily overstimulated? We will discuss what it means to be a highly sensitive child, deeply reflective, sensitive to the subtle, and easily overwhelmed, and we will discuss strategies for making the most of this special quality in a child at each age, infant, preschooler, school-aged & teenager.
Join us from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., on Thursday evening at Kindering Bellevue! Come as early as 6pm for mingling and light refreshments.
Individuals interested in attending may RSVP with Colleen Willisor leave a message at 425-289-7527 so we can ensure space is available.
Childcare is not available for the speaker series.